Thursday, November 5, 2009

Final Blog of Quarter

Sitting here and looking back over my blog entries, I've noticed that a lot of my thoughts in blogs have regarded characters' nature and express sympathy or empathy for them. This ranges from the complex friendship between Zoey and Aphrodite in the House of Night series to the extreme compassion I felt towards the people who lived--and many who ultimately died--during the Holocaust. In addition, since many of my entries are final blog entries, many deal with my reflection on the book I read and what I believe the message of a book is. Overall, I've enjoyed blogging because it has stimulated me to think and analyze books even more. Furthermore, it's given me a chance to organize and express my thoughts.
My goal for blogging during the second quarter is to have a larger diversity of ideas that I write about. For example, instead of focusing a lot of characters' nature, I may try to incorporate more a specific, crucial moment in the book into my blog or relate the book to an external source (a global event, a local occurrence, something in another book...). As I blog I would like to continue to reach a deeper insight into the book I am reading; putting thoughts into words and something concrete really helps to make things crystal clear. I think that my blogs are as detailed as they can be without giving the book away. I truly disdain when anyone tells me anything about a book I am or might be reading, so I try not to be hypocritical and give away the smallest amount of information about the book as I can while still fulfilling the blog requirements. Lastly, I am interested in what I have to say; if I wasn't, my blogs would likely sound as if a robot wrote them. However, I think I would get even further involved and excited if I was able to do more to personalize the appearance of my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment