Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Response to Book Review on Tempted and The House of Night Series


The latest book in the House of Night Series is Tempted, a book I finished late last year (in 2009). I was thinking about doing a book review on The Mortal Instruments series, but I want to make sure nothing will spoil the end of an unbelievable series I am nearing the end of.
Right off the bat, this book was given a 5 out of 5 rating--something I completely agree with. It captivated me and leaves me on edge waiting for the next book of the series to come out in April. However, the review says it's a series that can entertain adults. Personally, I can in no way see either of my parents enjoying this series... or any other adult I can think of.... I would probably recommend an age range from around 9th grade to sometime near the end of college. This is because I think the concepts are mature for middle schoolers, but at some time, adults may find them immature. A point I do agree with though is that this series has "hot Vampyres, true friendship, budding romance, a Loving Goddess, and a twist of the unexpected." Throughout this series, I have loved how this series intertwines so many different elements into a story that flow so well. Furthermore, I agree with the whole "have to own it" aspect of this series. In fact, when my mom wanted to borrow Tempted from the library, I asked her to buy it instead because the House of Night is a series in which I enjoy rereading parts of over and over.
Book Review: http://howlinggoodbooks.com/index.php?id=197

1 comment:

  1. Hi Allison,

    You have wonderful, engaging blogs. A pleasure to read. I am glad you cherish the Mortal Instruments series enough to want to own it and re-read parts of it. I'm staying tuned for more your descriptive entries.
    Mr. G

    ReplyDelete